We are currently seeking applicants for the position of Saint Joseph Catholic Parish Music Director. Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to Deb Travnick, Business Manager. The deadline for applications is April 30, 2013.
The music director (part-time position; up to 29 hours) will:
- Report to the Pastor, and implement his overall vision for the music program.
- Coordinate the Parish Music Program as it relates to the Liturgy Program, working in tandem with the Liturgy Committee, as well as musicians and vocalists, to promote and support the vision that Saint Joseph Catholic Church Masses each offer distinctly different styles of worship music.
- Approach the music program with enthusiasm and a sense of obedience to the needs of the parish.
- Attend and actively participate in Liturgy Committee meetings, typically Thursday afternoons, 2 – 4 p.m.
- Work well with others.
- Continually work to bring in new talent.
- Be a musician and/or vocalist.
- Provide a managerial approach to staffing Mass music slots, including personally serving in a musical role at Masses, as needed.
Please contact us if you have any questions.