Lenten Bible Studies
Take a Lenten adventure designed for spending six weeks studying some aspect of scripture to grow in both understanding and personal Faith:
- For the Newly Married, childcare provided, Wednesdays, 6:15 p.m., Meredith Hall, Jesus’ Life-Giving Death, Matthew 26-28
- For the Newly Married, Day/Time set by those interested
- For Families with Young Children, childcare provided, Saturdays 9 a.m., School Library, Jesus’ Life-Giving Death, Matthew 26-28
- For Families with Young Children, Day/Time Set by those interested, My Peace I Give You, John 11-21
- For Retirees/Seniors, Wednesdays, 10 a.m., Cavanagh Room, Jesus’ Life-Giving Death, Matthew 26-28
- For Empty Nesters (or almost), Thursdays, 6:30 p.m., Library, Jesus’ Life-Giving Death, Matthew 26-28
- For High Schoolers, Sundays, 6:30 p.m., Youth Room, HSYG
- For Young Adults, Thursdays, 7 p.m., Cavanagh Room, Jesus’ Life-Giving Death, Matthew 26-28
- Men’s Group, Wednesdays, 5:30 a.m., Cavanagh Room, Upcoming Sunday Gospel, Rosary
- Men’s Group, Tuesdays, 6:30 p.m., Cavanagh Room, Upcoming Sunday Gospel, Rosary
- Women’s Group, Tuesdays, 6:30 p.m., Youth Room, My Peace I Give You, John 11-21
- Women’s Group, Fridays, 1 p.m., Cavanagh Room, Jesus’ Life-Giving Death, Matthew 26-28
- Open to All, Tuesdays, 9 a.m., Cavanagh Room, The Seven Last Words of Christ
- Open to All, Sundays, 9 a.m., Cavanagh Room, Acts of the Apostles
- Open to All, Mondays, 7 p.m., Cavanagh Room, Acts of the Apostles
- Open to All, Marian Consecration, Mondays, 6:30 p.m., Meredith Hall, 33 Days to Morning Glory
Other Lenten Activities
Sr Nancy Murray’s one-woman play as St Catherine of Siena. Wednesday, March 8, 7 p.m. in the Church. While not as famous as her brother, actor Bill Murray, she certainly inherited the family acting gene. Please join us for this engaging and enlightening performance. Doors open at 6:30 p.m., reception to follow.
Chris Muglia’s mini Lenten Mission. Acclaimed Catholic musician, songwriter, and speaker will be with us Sunday, March 26 and Monday, March 27 for a mini Lenten Mission. Chris combines moving music with a powerful speaking message to really draw us deeper to Christ. Talks will be 6:30 nightly in the Church, reception to follow.
Come to the Table. Gather with other Catholics once a month to share dinner and conversation. Designed as a way for people new to the parish to meet “established” folks and feel connected. Typically groups are four couples or eight individuals.
SoulCore: SoulCore is a prayer experience that pairs core strengthening, stretching, and a functional movement workout with the prayers of the rosary. Essentially, you pray the Rosary while working out! Wear comfy workout clothes and bring a mat if you have one (we have some extras). Wednesdays at 3:30 p.m., Thursdays at 8:30 a.m. or 7 p.m., all in the Youth Room.
Our Catholic Journey: Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m. in the Church. Hosted by Father Gregory Ames, our priest-in-residence and Chaplain to the Homeless. This adult faith formation series provides a unique opportunity to learn more about the basic teachings of the Catholic faith through dynamic story-telling. “Our Catholic Journey” is appropriate for anyone and everyone open to enriching their understanding of the Church and exploring the richness of our faith. Each session will allow for questions and answers and be followed by Coffee Talk reception time in Meredith Hall.
Soup Suppers: 6 p.m. in Meredith Hall. Join us for a simple meal of Soup and bread at 6 p.m. on Friday evenings before Stations of the Cross at 7 p.m.. Friday, March 3, 10, 17, and 24.
Fish Fry: Knights of Columbus Hall. Friday March 31 and April 7, two seatings. Enjoy an old-fashioned, Lenten fish fry. Tickets are needed and will be available during March.
Feast of St Joseph: Special day for our Patron! Mass at 6:30 p.m. with very special reception after. Confessions offered 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. in both confessionals.
Lent 2017 Worship Services:
Ash Wednesday: March 1, Mass and ashes: 6:30 a.m., 9:15 a.m., 12:10 p.m., 5:15 p.m., 7 p.m.
Stations of the Cross: Fridays, March 3, 10, 17, 24, and 31; April 7, all at 7 p.m.
Holy Week 2017
Palm Sunday: April 9, Saturday, 4 p.m. vigil; Sunday, 7:30 a.m., 9:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 5 p.m.
Holy Thursday: April 13, Mass of the Lord’s Supper: 7 p.m., Adoration to follow in Gym until Midnight.
Good Friday: April 14, 9 a.m., Stations of the Cross; 12 p.m.: Condolences to Mary; 3 p.m.: Seven Last Words of Christ; 7 p.m.: Passion of the Lord
Easter Vigil: Saturday, April 15, 8:30 p.m., Church, choir and organ
Easter Morning Mass: Sunday, April 16:
- 7:30 a.m. Church – piano & brass quintet; Gym – piano and trumpet
- 9:30 a.m. Church – choir and organ; Gym – harp, flute, violin, piano
- 11:30 a.m. Church – handbell choir; Gym – children’s choir
Easter Sunday Egg Hunt following 11:30 mass in Gym at 12:30 p.m. on the School field