The bishops of Colorado have set Friday, August 28th, 2015 as a day of prayer and penance for Catholics and all people of good will in Colorado. The bishops are calling on each one of us to pray and offer penance “in response to Planned Parenthood’s horrific actions and all those involved in the procurement and use of aborted baby organs.”
Some examples of prayer and penance are:
• Attending Mass and receiving Holy Communion
• Meditating on the Word of God
• Spending time in adoration of the Blessed Sacrament
• Praying the Holy Rosary
• Reciting the Chaplet of Divine Mercy
• Praying the Way of the Cross
• Fasting and abstaining from eating meat.
The Register has gone digital – get all the news at Denver Catholic.